Hello protagonists, and welcome back to another Soda Time!
This week I’m not gonna talk about the writing I’ve been doing, and instead focus on a little something I got in the mail a few days ago:
Yes, I received my proof copy of Spring-Heeled Jack and for most of the week, I’ve been reviewing it, and I must say, I’m rather embarrassed by how many errors are still in it. Before I released the eBook, myself and a few friends read through the document and checked for errors, and I was so confident that we’d caught most of them. However, now that I have a physical copy in my hands and I’m reading through it, I swear there’s at least one on every page! (That’s an exaggeration by the way)
I’ve come to the realization that I have a much easier time catching grammatical errors on paper than a computer document, so I think from here on out, I’m gonna make sure to get a print copy as early as possible, even it’s as simple as just printing the document personally.
Now, the physical properties of the book look really nice. There are a couple of things I need to chance, like scooting the title, series name, and author name just a tad bit to the right on the cover, and the text on the back cover needs to a bit bigger, but the real big thing I need to change is the spine.
If you can’t tell by the picture…it’s upside down.
I’d noticed that something was off, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. It wasn’t until I set it next to a couple of other books on my bookshelf. It had never dawned on me that book spines all faced the same direction. So that’s definitely the big thing I have to fix apart from anything else on the exterior.
But other than that, everything on the inside looks perfectly fine! There are a couple of page break errors, but those are easy fixes that’ll take me all of a minute to fix.
Overall, I’m very happy with how everything has turned out, and I can’t wait for the physical copies to be finished. Anyways protagonists, thank you very much for tuning in and I hope to see you all again next week!